PURPOSE, VISION, AND VALUES
Improve population and community health by:
- Promoting health equity
- Capacity building, shared learning, and connecting local initiatives
- Addressing social and structural determinants of health
- Developing broad city/county wide initiatives and creating systems
- Engaging community partners and working collaboratively with community leaders
- Developing data systems for population health to support shared impact measurement and community assessment
- Collaborating on population health policy and advocacy
Vision: Improved health equity, wellness, and quality of life across Cook County
- We believe the highest level of health for all people can only be achieved through the pursuit of social justice and elimination of health disparities and inequities.
- We value having a shared vision and goals with alignment of strategies to achieve greater collective impact while addressing the unique needs of our individual communities.
- Honoring the diversity of our communities, we value and will strive to include all voices through meaningful community engagement and participatory action.
- We are committed to emphasizing assets and strengths and ensuring a process that identifies and builds on existing community capacity and resources.
- We are committed to data-driven decision making through implementation of evidence-based practices, measurement and evaluation, and using findings to inform resource allocation and quality improvement.
- We are committed to building trust and transparency through fostering an atmosphere of open dialogue, compromise, and decision making.
- We are committed to high quality work to achieve the greatest impact possible
(Developed Collaboratively May-July 2015)